Papermate Flair! Felt Tip Pen



First and foremost - I don't use a lot of felt-tip pens, but my god this is one fine felt-tip. Papermate is a pretty cute pen brand, well-known for their shockingly smooth gliding pens and mesmerising mechanical pencils (another blog post coming), so I surmised their felt tips must be worth a try. That - and the fact  that I saw many bujo gurus sporting this felt-tip.

These are widely available, in virtually any stationery store, @ roughly €2 each (give or take a few), and are sold individually. My blue Flair! came in a carded packaging. This seemed a little unnecessary (and not so environmentally friendly) to me. Although seemingly not so expensive, felt-tips usually come in a pack, so if one was to buy multiple, financially speaking, it wouldn't be ideal.



The felt-tip itself is sleek and chic in outlook, the shining silver clip certainly adds to the fanciness. It fits in my hand comfortably - though admittedly I am not exactly writing assignments with it. That being said, the the thin body of the "Flair" does resemble a fountain pen, and fits itself nicely in my already bulging pencil case.

The nib is bullet shaped - and perfectly firm. The pen writes smooth, bold lines and with virtually no bleeding. However, after prolonged usage, the sharp nib does get blunt, but to be fair, which one doesn't?

Final verdict: Satisfactory performance. I don't see this as a "must-have" per se, but if you desperately require a felt tip, I'd recommend this one.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @pentupreviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uni Jetstream 0.7