Uni Jetstream 0.7


Another beautiful specimen by Uniball - no one makes pens like they do in Japan. Seriously, how do they do it? Now, this is certainly quite a popular who needs no introduction. I completely understand its fame - it's a ballpoint that doesn't feel like a ballpoint! A curious conundrum indeed, so I hat to go try it out.

The availability of this pen was surprising, not as widespread as I thought, but it will turn up with some diligence. At €4 per pen, they are quite pricey but trust me when I say its worth it.

Its exterior is unassuming, you wouldn't call it basic but it's definitely not eye-catching either, however, do not judge a book by its cover. This was one of the smoothest pens I have ever used. It literally slides along your page, to the point where you're almost forced to write in cursive to keep up. The ink flows along perfectly - no splotches whatsoever. The 0.7 nib creates lines of unmatched thickness.

The jetstream fits well in my hand, although the grip is slightly too thick, making elongated writing uncomfortable. However, I fear the Jetstream's downfall  is also her focal point - the smoothness. Many a times I was forced to put the pen down simply because it had travelled too fast. It was to the point where my handwriting became distorted. Despite this, the jetstream is still one of my favourite pens to use, and arguably the best ballpoint I have come across.
Final verdict: Heaven in the form of a pen, however, be careful with this one, especially if you don't particularly like cursive or writing fast.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @pentupreviews  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Papermate Flair! Felt Tip Pen